Thursday, December 22, 2005

It's time to pay the price.

Perhaps you're wondering what my position is on video games. Well, I'm here to tell you: I hate them. Now, before you get all up in my face, let me explain why. To put it simply, I was spoiled as a child. What's that? You want to know how, exactly?

Biggity-BAM!


AWWW yeah!

When it comes to electronics, this sweet machine spoiled me for life. Can we see that piece of technology out of the box?


As Tag Team might say, Whoomp, there it is!

This is what represented the height of technology for me until I got a Walkman (which I still have. But that's different - everyone knows that mixed tapes are rad). There's a chance that you don't believe me with my Luddite-esque talk. Allow me to put your fears at ease: I present to you The Zenith.
The Zenith. This was the first television that was ever introduced into our house. In 1987. This television is still in our house. In 2005. Note its fancy wood panelling. But back to the Commodore 64. What other gaming system could possibly offer me a game like Jungle Hunt?




How great is this game? Answer: pretty great. Check out these graphics! And you get to swim, swing from vines, AND jump over boulders. I don't want to be crass, but it's basically balls-to-the-wall excitement.





Oh, you need a few minutes to take it all in? I understand. See, I grew up with this, so this is like no big deal for me. There are other games I could get into right now, but I'll save them for another time. I can see that I've overwhelmed you. Normally I wouldn't want to do that, however, it was necessary to make my point: don't bring that Halo 2 shit around here. I have NO NEED for it. And now you know why.


the usual spy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous CEEG said...

Load ,8,1...you can't get better than that!

I had the commodore 64 AND the Zenith....seems like we were meant to be friends!



Need I say more!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home