Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Remember what fun tasted like?
















I sure as fuck do!

It tasted like a goddamn funnel cake! FOR BREAKFAST!

God bless you, IHOP. Bless you for finally - finally! - bringing the food of carnies to us, the everyday, non-carny folk who just want to eat some fucking fun for breakfast. (Is that too much to ask, Pancake House?)

However, here's the thing: although IHOP is an acronym for International House of Pancakes, here is a visual representation of where IHOPs are located:













Plus, to be fair, there are 12 IHOPS in B.C. I hate to say it, but I'm not sure how "international" this house of pancakes REALLY is. And frankly, if there's one thing that I DON'T need in my life right now, it's a restaurant that can't just tell the truth.














I'm sticking with Golden Griddle, because despite its lack of carnival-based foods, it would never lie to me. Although, having carnival-based foods would help. After all, carnivals don't do well just because of their ultra-modern, super safe rides.

9 Comments:

Blogger {jeff} said...

The Golden Griddle head office should totally shell-out for indoor water parks too.

Is a water park considered a ride? I don't think it is.

(Reading this post was sure a nice change of pace from arguing with Trevor's ex-boyfriend's best friend about Israeli war crimes.)

11:22 p.m.  
Blogger the usual spy said...

If the waterpark has a slide, it's a ride. That just makes sense.

8:45 a.m.  
Blogger {jeff} said...

Doesn't a ride need to move to be considered such?

Water slides don't move per se...
...hm.

10:13 a.m.  
Blogger {jeff} said...

I'm going to add your blog to my 'Guilty Parties' list.

This isn't really a comment about your post. I know.

Also, I'm going to have to shorten your name to 'The Spy' for consistency.

We were missing a spy.

10:19 a.m.  
Blogger the usual spy said...

Hmm...well, water moves down a water slide. And so do people. Maybe it's more a ride for the water than the people.

2:47 p.m.  
Anonymous tk said...

I think the slide is a ride... ESPECIALLY if there's water.
The people ride both the slide and the water... hence a ride it must be.

1:44 a.m.  
Blogger the usual spy said...

Ha, YES! Two against one, "Jeff"!

11:59 a.m.  
Blogger CTS said...

wow, look what i can find when i surf the links attached to jeff's blog. stimulating conversation on the state of pancake houses across america. I love it.

I puked under the table at golden griddle once when i was a kid. my dad ordered me a large milkshake, which didn't sit to well. We immediately left the building.

i don't know who had to clean it, but my dad left a 50 bill for a tip.

1:42 p.m.  
Blogger {jeff} said...

Fine. But why is my name in quotations?

2:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home