Thursday, September 28, 2006

More Than Meets the Eye

Remember these guys?

(WARNING: THIS CLIP IS 10 MINUTES LONG, BUT YOU SHOULD WATCH IT ANYWAYS)



Remember how they're getting their very own live-action movie? I do. I think about it every day, because this is my wallpaper:




















Don't get confused. I am in no way referring to this movie:

Although, it was pretty awesome. Did you know that Orson Welles voiced Unicron? It's true!

Okay, I, for one, am VERY excited about this movie. I know that it could go badly, but I'm choosing to stay optimistic, mostly because the entire concept behind Transformers is SO SPINE-CRUSHINGLY COOL. Think about it: ALIENS THAT ARE ROBOTS THAT TRANSFORM INTO OTHER THINGS. It's totally crazy!

Let's look at the evidence that points to why this movie could be super great.

1) The trailer
Yes, it's a bit dramatic, yes, seeing Michael Bay's name is a bit...um....horrible, considering that every movie that he's ever made has sucked, but I have faith this time. Why? Because I feel that Michael Bay is really good at shooting cars, explosions and huge fight scenes, which is (I think) what a lot of this movie is going to be anyways: vehicles exploding and fighting.

Here's the trailer:



Did you just get chills? I just got chills.

2) The leaked footage of cars transforming looks TOTALLY AWESOME. I don't know for sure if this footage is actually from the movie or not, but who cares? And, as Jeff pointed out, that's not the sound that they're supposed to make, but let's just assume that they're going to fix that later.








PS: Who is your favourite Transformer? Mine is Soundwave. He's so cool! I'm a nerd.

3 Comments:

Blogger {jeff} said...

That's not what transforming sounds like!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Ceeg said...

Les,

I was going to leave a comment about Micahael Bay yesterday, but it didn't work out. Anyways I'm glad you at least know that Michael Bay is kind of a bad director. This movie may turn out to be just smoke and mirrors and really nothing else.

I don't want you to get your hopes too high.


Ceeg

11:04 PM  
Blogger {jeff} said...

I'm going to grab Starscream before he's taken. He's pretty cool himself. In France he's apparently known as Égo.

AND in one comic book arc, he's responsible for the disfigurement of my favourite GI Joe, Snake-Eyes.

I've heard rumours that the movie is going to be based around humans with transforming robot accessories instead of around robots with boring, fixed human accessories...

=/

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home