Thursday, September 28, 2006

Why My Dad is Cool: Part 2 of a 238 Part Series

Does anyone remember this particular edition of The Globe and Mail?



I sure don't!

But that's not the point here. The point is, my dad loves to write to The Globe and Mail and sarcastically respond to what other people have to say. Frankly, it makes me proud.

Here's his latest letter:

Royal pain
FRANK STEEVE

Barrie, Ont. -- Well, it was certainly a revelation to discover how to improve students' math skills according to Margaret Wente (What's The Newest Thing In Math? Old Math -- Sept. 26). Is it possible that someone will find an improvement in reading and writing skills if grammar, spelling and writing are taught?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure why it's titled "Royal Pain," but I feel like it's one of two options:

a) The Globe and Mail has resorted to not-so-subtly insulting my dad, or

b) It's some reference to the article that my dad is responding to.

I'm not sure, but I hope its not option a, because otherwise the "Letters to the Editor" section is going to get some witheringly sarcastic letters in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home